Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Moon and Her Mother

Another Aesop fable:  The Moon and Her Mother.  I find myself obsessed with them all lately.   

The moon once begged her mother to make her a gown.  "How can I? replied she; "there's no fitting your figure.  At one time you're a new moon, and at another you're a full moon; and between whiles you're neither one nor the other."


This could not be a more fitting fable to read as I struggle through a period of time, dragging into week three here, where my daughter and I remain at loggerheads over seemingly idiotic issues.  I am experienced enough as a woman and a mother to see beneath the outer drama to what is really going down, but it doesn't make it any easier to endure or resolve.  My patience is worn thin even as my heart is aching to connect with this complex, precious young woman.  I am hopeful that with the dark moon tomorrow night, our turmoil will also recede so that we can emerge into a different, lighter place with the new moon on Saturday night. 

Chodesh tov, my beloved daughter. 














No comments:

Post a Comment